Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) is a high molecular polymer that is used in abundance in cable and tubing industry chiefly because of its electrical properties, chemical inertness, and high-temperature resistance. The use of this material is on the rise especially in the manufacturing and industrial sectors mainly because of the specific properties of the particular polymer. There is a reason why the PTFE abrasion resistant tubes are being appreciated across the world; certain unique properties are setting it apart from another similar kind of tubes.
Chief Characteristics of PTFE Abrasion Resistant Tubes
If you are planning to use PTFE tubes you need to acquaint yourself with the various facts and features which are making this particular kind of tubes oh so popular. The following properties may throw some light on its unique features.
- It is resistant to friction-It is highly resistant to surface wear and tear which is constant friction with another material.
- Hydrophobic quality-It is hydrophobic in nature that is the tube is averse to getting wet and is usually used in such areas where the liquid is transferred from one point to another.
- Non-reactive-This kind of tubing is also highly non-reactive in nature; even if it comes into contact with other corrosive or reactive metals it does not react and thus prevents the formation of some other kind of compound. So it can be used with a wide range of materials without being worried about the reaction with other materials.
- Resistant to an extreme temperatures-Another very important feature of this tube is it is resistant to high temperatures. Also, it is resistant to extremely cold temperatures, and it does not get deformed thus it retains its original texture and shape.
- A nod of approval from the FDA- This abrasion resistant PTFE tubing can also be used in the food and beverage industry owing to its nonreactive property even in extreme temperatures. It does not change the taste or flavor of the food products which makes it highly sought after.
These qualities make it an ideal choice for a wide number of industries. More and more industries are waking up to the huge number of benefits of the PTFE tubing, and it goes without saying that PTFE tubes are here to stay.